Mothers' Day Special
Pennyhill Park Spa
When it comes to Mothers’ Day, a word that often springs to mind is ‘pampering’. Because, let’s face it, what mum doesn’t fancy a bit of TLC in their hectic lives? And do we have the perfect venue for this pampering to take place.
Pennyhill Park Hotel is a super-luxe retreat in Bagshot, Surrey, surrounded by 120 acres of wooded parkland, so if you’re after peace and tranquillity, there’s no better choice. Here are five reasons why you should treat yourself or your mum to a relaxing day at the award-winning Spa at Pennyhill Park…
1) There’s not just one but eight indoor or outdoor pools and hot tubs to choose from. We can’t promise you won’t emerge as wrinkled as a prune after trying them all out, but with features like soothing underwater music you’ll also be totally zenned out. Don’t forget to order a glass of fizz while you’re in there.
2) The heated ceramic relaxation beds in the Tepidarium. Trust us… just add that book you’ve been meaning to start for months and you’ll never want to leave. School run, who?
3) Nothing says indulgence like a horizontal shower. Selected by our C.P. Hart Contracts team – who also kitted out the rest of the hotel’s bathrooms – the Dornbracht horizontal shower is a masterclass in wellness, thanks to its massage jets and three pre-programmed massage scenarios: Balancing, Energizing and De-stressing. Just feel those knots ebb away.
4) Awaken the senses in the saunas or herbal steam rooms, and, since some like it hot, you and mum can sweat it out in the 90-degree intense dry heat sauna. Then head to the ice cave to cool off and stimulate the blood circulation in your body.
5) All that relaxation is sure to work up an appetite. And the Spa’s restaurant, Themis, will help put that right. But don’t worry, you won’t need to go to any trouble like getting dressed – just stay in your robe and take a seat. From swordfish steak and tiger noodle prawns to sandwiches and home-baked scones with jam and cream, there are plenty of delicious options.