Purchase Ledger Controller - Temporary to Permanent
Location: Finance department, Dartford Office, DA2 6QA
C.P. Hart is the UK’s first choice premium bathroom company, known by all for its market-leading service and standards. Due to our continued success, we are looking for a Purchase Ledger Controller.
To ensure the purchase ledger reflects accurate and up to date records of the liabilities of the company. To also ensure all payments made are fully authorised and in line with the company procedures.
Ensure customer expectations are exceeded by;
- monitoring and maintaining the agreed personal objectives to facilitate the achievement of team and company goal congruence.
- contributing to the company’s long-term strategy to delight our customers with outstanding products and services and achievement of the shareholders’ objectives.
- As a member of the accounts team, you must be continuously striving for excellence in all activities. This is to be achieved by
- maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- suggesting improvements to the current purchase ledger procedures and standards.
- continuously measuring and monitoring personal performance against agreed standards.
- Review the integrity of purchase ledger information.
- Register invoices received onto the purchase ledger.
- Pass invoices to relevant colleagues for authorisation.
- Ensure only invoices that are fully authorised are processed for payment.
- Post payments to the purchase ledger recording transactions against the correct nominal codes.
- Provide cover to pay suppliers in accordance with their agreed payment terms, taking settlement discounts wherever available.
- Order and control group stationary.
- Maintain accurate and current supplier records on the purchase ledger.
- Maintain complete and accurate filing records of purchase ledger transactions for audit purposes.
- Purchase matching function for stock related invoices and credit notes.
- Cover for holidays wherever possible.
- Statement reconciliations and other adhoc work.
- CIS to be either calculated and put on account or to reconcile for HMRC to be completed by the set date.
- Intrastat returns to be completed by the set date.
- 3,000–5,000 transactions per month.
- Retail background experience.
- 3–5 years experience.
- Intermediate XLS skills.
- Up to 26 days holiday + Public Holidays
- Health cash back plans and private medical insurance cover
- Training and qualifications
- Cycle to Work
- Social events such as the Christmas Party and team lunches
- Staff discount
- WFH up to 50% (after completing probation)
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your CV to C.P. Hart’s HR Department at [email protected].