Location: London Waterloo showroom (SE1 7DR), with visits as required to national showrooms, competitor showrooms, trade shows and supplier factories (UK and overseas)
C.P. Hart is a privately-owned company that has specialised in luxury bathrooms for over 75 years and is the UK’s leading supplier of designer and luxury bathrooms. Due to our continued success, we are looking for a Buyer.
To ensure C.P. Hart maintains its lead in the premium bathroom market through managing and as required, sourcing market-leading products and suppliers, aiming to increase the company’s portfolio of successful exclusive and key branded supplier ranges. The role will involve negotiating attractive buying terms, to include marketing support and showroom display funding, as well as ensuring high delivery service and product quality.
- Full responsibility for circa 20% of C.P. Hart’s current purchases – categories to manage are accessories, baths, shower doors and trays.
- Increase £ margin and improve category performance by effective range/stock profiling, launch and marketing plans, exit plans, price reviews and supplier trading agreements.
- Increase the share of sales of C.P. Hart own brand and exclusive ranges within the agreed categories across all sales channels.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and operations colleagues to boost category sales.
- Drive new product development strategies:
- Work with internal and external resources on design briefs.
- Approve products and liaise on supplier production schedules and manage critical paths to product launch.
- Assure marketing and sales are provided with all data and promotional collateral (imagery, specification, training, and cost pricing data) to support new product launches.
- Work with the Product Information Manager to ensure all product details on the system and website are accurate.
- Agree the rollout of displays within budget in existing and new showrooms.
- Work with marketing and sales colleagues to analyse competitor marketing, range selection, and pricing strategies.
- Attend tradeshows and visit key suppliers (4 - 8 times per year).
- Prepare annual category plans to achieve revenue, profitability and % exclusive targets.
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities to improve category performance and work with internal and external teams to drive the necessary changes.
- Work alongside marketing and sales colleagues to identify range gaps, prioritise new product introductions, and develop relationships with targeted suppliers to support first to market and exclusive product introductions.
- Work with key suppliers to support growth, profitability, and service levels, supported by effective trading agreements and regular supplier performance reporting.
- Build strong relationships with key existing suppliers and negotiate trading agreements to secure best pricing, promotional support, and service levels.
You will ideally have experience working within a luxury bathroom retail environment, although please do get in touch if you have any other relevant experience, as well as the following essential qualities:
- You will ideally have experience working within a retail or e-commerce, although please do get in touch if you have any other relevant experience, as well as the following essential qualities:
- 4+ years as a Buyer/Assistant Buyer role in a retail and/or e-commerce environment. Bathroom industry knowledge would be ideal, as would experience in the premium kitchen or other homewares sectors but is not essential.
- Demonstrable negotiating skills with a highly commercial and ethical mindset.
- Degree level education
- Personal characteristics:
- Numerate and analytic
- Good organiser of self and others, proven ability to multitask – a “completer/finisher”.
- Clear, concise communicator
- Team player
- Up to 26 days holiday + Public Holidays
- Health cash back plans and Private Medical Insurance cover
- Training, Qualifications
- Cycle to Work
- Social events such as Christmas Party, Team Lunches
- Staff Discount
- Life Assurance cover
You will be working with our great Merchandising team at our Award-Winning Flagship Showroom, London Waterloo SE1 7DR.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your CV to
C.P. Hart’s HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.